Saturday, September 10, 2011

Inky frocks

"WHEN I AM AN OLD WOMAN I SHALL WEAR PURPLE
With a red hat which doesn't go, and doesn't suit me.
And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves
And satin sandals, and say we've no money for butter."
by Jenny Joseph

I try to avoid wearing black.  Having worn mostly black through-out my teens and early twenties I then decided it was an easy option and I really needed to brighten up.  A bit of colour is essential, but then I have found all these nice black pieces of clothing on the web...
I love the styling on this picture from need supply and the model has cool tattoos.
the funky black jacket is obviously not a dress, but it is black and very tomboy chic.
 grey layer dress is grey not black but is also not colour so I think it fits.  
 Miss Selfridge dress has frills and buttons and pretty flowery material and also long sleeves to keep your arms warm and hide your bingo-wings
How fabulous is this frock by designer Leila Sham?  Its just quite rockin'
And I want this dress from Madewell.  Their site is full of lovely, easy-cool dresses, tops, pants etc.  Those boots are great too. 

No comments: