Wednesday, September 14, 2011

silver firemans trousers bag

Yesterday I happened to be passing close to a newly opened op-shop and I couldn't resist popping in for a fossick.  I found four beautiful green bowls.  One of them had a Crown Lynn sticker on it so I am guessing they are all the same.  they are very pretty and I am pleased as bowls are hard to come by in op-shops generally.  This is probably as like us people break their bowls more than any other crockery and there isn't much of it left to send to the op-shop.
 There was also this rather interesting pair of silver trousers.  Further investigation revealed them to be, not a pair of fabulous disco pants, but a pair of firemans trousers.  There are internal warnings/reminders not to wear them without structural trousers, whatever they may be?!  
 They are quite large.  I didn't buy them to start with as they were $10 and I am too mean to spend that much on one item in a charity shop.   But I went back later and got them, I just couldn't resist.  I had a vague image in my head of a nice canvas back-pack that I can wear while on my bike, that isn't just sporty.  I have one that fits a water bladder and straw, for those endurance activities, but not much else... like a bottle of wine or a tub of ice-cream, certainly not both together.  I googled silver bags but they were all very 2007 and Prada.  Then I looked up these bags, which are a bit more like it.
Rugged little satchel by J Crew
This is so cool, by swift-industries.  I love all those satchel-type buckles and straps
Of course if I make a bag it will look nothing like these, and it will be silver.  Am I living in a early 2000's time warp?  Will a fire-proof aluminium bag have any serious health implications?  Is a silver bag a good idea in a sunny climate?

No comments: