Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Demolition Day 1990's

A rather retro post because I have just had the negatives for these put onto disc, and I thought I would share them.
Once upon a time in Hackney, East London they decided to demolish some tower blocks.  They knocked quite a few down, it seemed, over a small period of time and it became quite a spectator sport I tell you.  This was my first demolition and if I have any regrets it is that I had to wind my camera on manually.  This is why there are photos of complete towers/ half a tower down/ no tower, then lots of dust.  As I remember the wind then changed direction and blew the dust of decades and tonnes of concrete all over the nosy spectators.  The countdown was fun.
                                 


"Now where's the pub gone?"

No comments: