Friday, July 29, 2011

colourful interiors

I  had saved some rather nice colourful pictures and as it has been a cold cloudy grotty day and we haven't moved very far from the fire I felt like some bright and breezy interiors 
I really liked this simple unfussy but colourful and pink display here at design sponge
 I am rather embarassed as once I had put all these photos on my blog from various folders they mostly seem to have come from one source, that being casa pinka.  I hope you don't mind me re-blogging all your pictures.  Oh! she is a woman after my own heart.  I do love pink, it is so pretty and if it wasn't for the fact that I have to share colour decisions with a male the whole house would be pink, out side and all.  Apparently the outside of the house was pink and purple at one point in its history.  I would have liked to have seen it.
Another casa pinka find.  Hers was one of the first blogs I ever looked at and I was very pleased to find that she is still blogging and still pink obsessed, I do admire her style.  Big fan, Big fan.
and here as well, a lovely sunny room.
Aha, this is from a different source but alas I have no link.  
 Those chairs are v cute
I think this is so striking, the big teal wall, and the big portrait in the bedroom, and the pretty cushions.  Fab.
 I guess this is shabby chic, little bits of diffuse colour, all very tasteful and sweet.
this makes a nice change form all the monochromatic kitchens around and is also from casa-pinka.  Not sure how long I could live with it for mind you, it certainly is eye-catching. 
 not officially an interior but nonetheless it is colourful, and pink.  Oh how I would love some seating and table like this on my deck.  It is utterly divine.  Although we have painted our house boring neutral with white woodwork and darker grey-brown window-sills I have an inkling to paint the back window-sills and the back door this shade of pink.  It would hopefully perk up the fairly dreary and utilitarian back of the house.

No comments: